Thursday Music Intensive (TMI)
On Thursday, March 1st, interactive intensive experiences will inspire your students in ways that are not provided for in a typical jazz festival. Under the guidance of nationally recognized vocal clinicians, guest artists and musicians, your students will be dialed into a full day of singing and interactive sessions. These sessions will not only include topics for the vocal students, but for your ensemble’s rhythm section, sound engineer and even you, the director!
In advance of the festival, you will receive a pre-selected vocal arrangement to be performed in mass by all of the attending groups, accompanied by the DeMiero Jazz Fest All Star Band and featuring our 2018 Guest Artists Rene Marie and Dee Daniels (DJF Artistic Director) at Thursday’s evening concert.
We are very excited to also introduce our first DeMiero Jazz TMI Vocal Ensemble! This elite group will be created by you, our participating Directors. Each Director will be asked to pre-select one or two students from your ensemble to perform in this special group. Your selected students will be given the music prior to the festival so they can learn their parts. Upon their arrival at the 2018 festival, they will get further instructions for their special workshops and rehearsals during the day and performance at the Thursday evening concert.
What happens during the TMI bonus day? Let us give you a snapshot of what you can expect!
After arrival: Your choir arrives in the morning and you begin with a mass rehearsal of the specially chosen song which will also be sung in mass at the conclusion of the day, an experience the students will never forget!
YOUR PERSONALIZED SCHEDULE
Each choir will have a personalized schedule made up to include:
- Exclusive performance time
- Extended constructive critique with one of our world-class clinicians, who will build on strengths and take the time to dig in and work together for excellent results. These new skills will be applied immediately in your performances later in the festival (see multi-day packages for details)
- Lunch and dinner breaks
- Rhythm section intensive workshops and mentoring opportunities from DJF All Star Band members: Josh Nelson, Bruce Forman, Paul Beaudry, and Dwayne “Cook” Broadnax
- Special topic intensive clinics from the areas of expertise from this year’s artists for example: “The Art of Scat”, “Making it Real: Storytelling Through Song”, “Mic Techniques”, “Ensemble Sound Shaping” and more…
- Workshops for Directors and Sound Engineers
- Evening concert – which will include features from our guest artists and musicians. In addition, someone from your choir could be chosen to perform that night in front of all the other choirs
- Highlight and archival footage of the day – will be available after the festival for purchase
This is a special day – with opportunities for your students and musicians to dig deeper into the wonderful world of vocal jazz. We can only accommodate 10 groups max on a first come, first serve basis so don’t delay… REGISTER NOW! Join us for TMI at DeMiero Jazz Fest 2018 – Thursday Music Intensive will be a very inspirational and memorable day to remember for you and your students.
2018 DeMIERO JAZZ FEST PACKAGES and OPTIONS
We realize that for some groups the added expense of a second day will require planning and possible fundraising. We have offered discounts for Friday/Saturday if you choose to add TMI to your festival package. Your performance on the second day will reflect the work and inspiration your group gained from the day before – which allows for immediate application of learned skills and techniques! We are so excited to offer this TMI day for choirs wanting that next level of learning and interaction at our festival. Contact us immediately to be included in TMI for DeMiero Jazz Fest 2018.
REGISTRATION FEES and OPTIONS
- DeMiero Jazz Fest TMI only: $650.00
- Friday only: $400.00
- Saturday only: $400.00
- DeMiero Jazz Fest TMI – AND – Friday: $950.00 (Save $100)
- DeMiero Jazz Fest TMI – AND – Saturday: $950.00 (Save $100)
- DeMiero Jazz Fest TMI – AND – Friday – AND – Saturday: $1300.00 (Save $150)
Daytime performance slots ﬁll up fast. Register as soon as you can as registrations will be prioritized by date payment or purchase order is received. Payment or purchase order must be received by February 1st at the latest to participate in the Jazz Fest.